Adapt It WX version 6.0.1 bug fix update (24 October 2011) is now available for Windows and Macintosh.
Windows and Mac OS X installers are now available from the Downloads page at: http://adapt-it.org/download.
Here is a list of the bugs that have been fixed in 6.0.1:
- Adapt It was not preserving the \id marker when working in collaboration with Paratext and a chapter 1 document was selected for adaptation. It would send the text back to Paratext OK but the \id marker would be missing, causing all the markers in Paratext’s standard view to turn red. A work around was to add the \id marker back manually within Paratext (in unformatted view). This is now fixed in 6.0.1.
- Collaboration with Paratext would fail on machines running 64-bit Windows. A fix was made to the rdwrtp7.exe utility that Adapt It uses to transfer collaboration texts between Paratext and Adapt It, so the utility now should work on either 32-bit or 64-bit Windows systems.
- If the user put a tick in the “Force Choice For This Item” check box in the mode bar, it would stay checked instead of automatically clearing when the phrase box moved to the next location. This is now fixed.
- The Linux version in some distributions would crash after making a change and clicking OK in the Preferences dialog.
- The Linux version in some distributions would not run but would issue a run-time error about a symbol not being found.
Note: We are still working on some problems in the Linux version. We’ve solved the problems listed above, but we are still working on some other problems that only show up in the Lucid based Balsa system. The Linux packages with version 6.0.0 that are currently in the packages.sil.org directory are broken and should not be used until we can replace them with 6.0.1 bug fix packages for Linux that include fixes for the remaining Balsa system problems.