The Adapt It development team is pleased to announce the release of Adapt It Mobile 1.2.0 for Android, and Adapt It Mobile 1.2.3 for iOS, available today through the Google Play store and Apple Store.
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adapt-it-mobile/id1031605993?ls=1&mt=8
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.adaptit.adaptitmobile
What’s new in Adapt It Mobile 1.2
Split Window Support
Adapt It Mobile now supports side-by-side windowing on devices with larger screens. This type of view is useful for displaying translation help alongside Adapt It Mobile as you translate on a tablet.
Project Language Enhancements
Adapt It Mobile has a new autocomplete mechanism for specifying the source and target language of a translation project. Type in a few letters of the language, and a dropdown appears with languages that match. Select a language from the list, and Adapt It Mobile will automatically build the language code for you. If you have an exotic script or revision that doesn’t fit the normal language code, you can now override the automatically generated language code and specify a custom RFC 5646 code for the translation project’s source and target languages.
- Fixed an issue where special text colors were not being persisted / used properly (issue #372).
- Fixed punctuation import consistency between file types (issue #375).
- Improved phrase selection, and added the ability to stop selection at boundaries (issue #373).
- Improved support for larger source phrases (issue #371).
- Fixed an issue where embedded punctuation was being converted to escape codes (issue #382).
- These issues can be found [in our issue tracker](https://github.com/adapt-it/adapt-it-mobile/milestone/30?closed=1).
- Adapt It Mobile currently does not have a way of directly editing the Knowledge Base. Entries are added and removed from the Knowledge Base as the user adds, removes, and edits the translations in the text. The capability to edit the Knowledge Base directly will be added to a future release of Adapt It Mobile (issue #274)
- Adapt It Mobile currently only supports a single translation project. Support for multiple translation projects will be implemented in a future release of Adapt It Mobile (issues #100, #358, #359)
- Installation and configuration: https://adapt-it.github.io/adapt-it-mobile/getstarted/
- Issues and enhancement requests: https://github.com/adapt-it/adapt-it-mobile/issues