The Adapt It development team is pleased to announce the release of Adapt It Mobile 1.5.0 for Android and iOS, available today through the Google Play store and Apple Store. Download links:
What’s new in Adapt It Mobile 1.5.0
Automatic opening / import of document files
Adapt It Mobile now “advertises” its ability to open the document files it supports (.txt, .tmx, .sfm, .usfm, .usx, .xml). Using your favorite cloud service, you can automatically download/open/import these files into Adapt It Mobile if you have a translation project defined.
Enhanced document management
The Browse and Search page has been redesigned to make it easier to find and select a document / chapter to adapt:
This version of Adapt It Mobile also allows users to select / delete documents that have been imported into the current project. This can be helpful for users who are translating snippets of temporary text, and who want to clean up the snippets from the document list afterwards.
Insert placeholder after selection
Adapt It Mobile now supports the insertion of placeholders both before and after the current selection. This brings Adapt It Mobile in line with the desktop version of Adapt It.
Bug Fixes and Various Enhancements
- Added support for the 3.x file format version of USX and USFM (issues #431, #432)
- Security patch — CVE-2021-23369 (issue #438)
- Internal change — added support for import/export to the clipboard on the browser platform (this platform is used by development for troubleshooting — issue #440)
- Adapt It Mobile now supports the latest Android devices, as well as the enhanced security model for storage (“scoped storage”) (issues #443, #444).
- Fixed a problem on iOS where the on-screen keyboard would cause the editing area to overwrite the toolbar while adapting (issue #442).
These issues can be found in our issue tracker.
- Adapt It Mobile does not currently support collaboration with other translation clients (e.g., with Paratext or other Adapt It Mobile machines). Documents must be imported, translated, and then exported for further processing by other translation clients. Support for collaboration will be implemented in a future release of Adapt It Mobile (issues #8, #11, #59).